Like us on Facebook

Aug 22, 2012

Lucidity and a Well (Pardon is Better Than Revenge)

When Bayazid was coming from his bath one morning during the Eid festival, someone unwittingly emptied a tray of ashes from a window upon his head. With his face and turban al bespattered, he rubbed his hands in gratitude and said, “I am in truth worthy of the fires of hell. Why should I be angered by a few ashes?”
The great do not regard themselves; look not for the godliness in a self-conceited man. Eminence does not consist in outward show and vaunting words, nor dignity in hauteur and pretension.
On the Day of Judgment thou wilt see in Paradise him who sought truth and rejected vain pretension.
He who is headstrong and obdurate falleth headlong; if thou desire greatness, abandon pride.
Patience under oppression
A story illustrating the noble-mindedness men
A dog bit the leg of a hermit with such violence that venom dropped from its teeth, and the poor man could not sleep all night through pain.
His little daughter chided him, saying, “Hast thou not teeth as well?”
The unfortunate parent wept and then smilingly replied, “Dear child! Although I was stronger than the dog, I restrained my anger. Should I receive a sword-blow on the head, I could not apply my teeth to the legs of a dog.”
One can revenge oneself upon the mean, but a man cannot act like a dog.

Related Articles in Same Category
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Press "Hide/Show" To Read Other's Comments

Item Reviewed: Lucidity and a Well (Pardon is Better Than Revenge) Description: When Bayazid was coming from his bath one morning during the Eid festival, someone unwittingly emptied a tray of ashes from a window upon his head. With his face and turban al bespattered, he rubbed his hands in gratitude and said, “I am in truth worthy of the fires of hell. Why should I be angered by a few ashes?” The great do not regard themselves; look not for the godliness in a self-conceited man. Eminence does not consist in outward show and vaunting words, nor dignity in hauteur and pretension. On the Day of Judgment thou wilt see in Paradise him who sought truth and rejected vain pretension. He who is headstrong and obdurate falleth headlong; if thou desire greatness, abandon pride. Patience under oppression A story illustrating the noble-mindedness men A dog bit the leg of a hermit with such violence that venom dropped from its teeth, and the poor man could not sleep all night through pain. His little daughter chided him, saying, “Hast thou not teeth as well?” The unfortunate parent wept and then smilingly replied, “Dear child! Although I was stronger than the dog, I restrained my anger. Should I receive a sword-blow on the head, I could not apply my teeth to the legs of a dog.” One can revenge oneself upon the mean, but a man cannot act like a dog. Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Unknown
Scroll to Top